Sunday, July 13, 2008

Art & Wine Festival...

My favorite Art and Wine festival of the year was this weekend... It's become a tradition to go with S & L and we got there first thing Sat am (well, okay - it was closer to 10:30). We had a great time - saw the 'earring lady' where we always paw thru boxes of earrings for about 30 minutes - although this year I excercized restraint and only bought one pair. L bought a fabulous print of a batik design from an artist from Uganda. He was fascinating and told the story of each of his pieces - I loved the concept, but the style wasn't really me.

The highlight for me was Richard Curtner - he makes the most amazong 'textual collage' pieces. The collages depict scenes or objects, but his medium is magazine texts. He cuts shapes from magazines where the text is on different colored backgrounds and the colors form the design. And in each collage, there are some key words or phrases that stand out and are related to the image he's created. I bought this print called Sketchbook, and have ordered another one...
Off to finish my final rows of the Woodland Shawl (Ravelry link)... a great way to end the weekend!
Happy Knitting!
- JavaNut
Bailey says: You interrupted my nap for this?

Bailey-7-11

No comments: