A few things that are drafted to post with pics, but Coggie's blog reminded me of HodgePodge Wednesdays... I used to do Monday MeMes, but this will work. All to get back to blogging... I love blogs, love blogging... so why is this hard?
1. It's that most wonderful time of the year...tax season! Do you complete your own returns or farm that job out to the professionals?
Totally outsource tax prep... peace of mind is more than worth paying someone to do it!!
2. This next question comes from Kansas Bob...he posed it in his response to something I asked in an earlier Wednesday post and I asked him if I could add it to the Hodgepodge some day. Today's the day.... Which do you think has changed you more-love or pain?
Hmmm... tough call. As a christian, ultimately it's God's love that has changed my life more than anything. But when I think of experiences that have shaped me, they are usually a blending of pain and love (as those we love are the ones that can hurt (and heal) us the most!)
3. Tangerine Tango has been named color of the year for 2012. Your thoughts? Would I find this color anywhere in your house? How about in your closet? If not, will you be adding this color to your life in some way in 2012? If you're not sure what tangerine tango looks like click here.
I'm not a big fan of orange... but I do love little pops of the bright orange and yellows to make other colors really 'zing' even more.
4. Are you a collector? What do you collect and does it get admired, used, and/or dusted regularly?
Hmmm... i have a collection of Bobbsey Twin books. Overwhelming collection of yarn and craft materials - and these all get used and admired daily!! The books... they probably need dusting.
5. February is National Heart Month...besides a green salad what is one tasty heart healthy dish you like to prepare?
I don't cook much, but steamed veggies are a staple. I love fish, but don't really prepare it very often... on my list to do more of that in 2012.
6. When was the last time you had car trouble?
Well - my last car trouble wasn't really the car, but the CD changer. Disc got stuck, dealership had to replace the whole system (that was in October!) and I'm still waiting for them to send me the CDs that were in the system back (which they apparently are supposed to do). I wouldn't be that concerned since I have all my CDs on my iPod, but these were CDs from a library audio book and although they've allowed me to renew more than the standard allowance, but it's getting a bit crazy.
7. Have you been more demanding on yourself lately or less? Is that a good trend?
Less. It's good in that I'm more relaxed, but I really do need to amp up the motivation...
8. Insert your own random thought here.
My random thought is that I just made a crockpot of shredded taco chicken... how many things can I make with it this week before I'm sick of it??? And can I do it without going to the grocery store again?
And I think I want to watch this week's Downton Abbey again tonight.