Sunday, September 7, 2008

Creative Chaos...

I can't believe it's already Sunday evening... It's been a good weekend, but I'd like another please! (if anyone know how to arrange that, please let me know as soon as possible!!)

First up... lots of secret sewing. It's not so much that the *what* I'm sewing is secret (really, not that orginal), but it's the *why* I'm making these... It'll be a few months before I can say much about it, but it's certainly testing my sewing abilities! On the otherhand, it's been good to learn about all the cool features of my machine!

Sep 6 2008-Day247
Since I can't post a pic, here's the "working in progress" from my Flickr 365 Self Portrait project. Entering my 9th month it's often a bit of a challenge to keep taking the pics, but after this long I'm determined to keep going. I think I've only missed 2 or 3 days so far, and since it was a leap year, I think I'll take one as a 'gimmie.'

Chapman
On to knitting... isn't this gorgeous?? It was an impulse STR purchase... it wasn't remotely apealing when it was skeined, but as I was checking out at the LYS, they were winding it for another customer and I had to go back and get it... The photo doesn't come close to capturing the vibrant colors. It's YUMMY!!

To highlight the colors, I debated between plain stockinette and Jaywalkers... and after knitting almost the complete first Jaywalker, I very sadly frogged the entire thing. Too big. sigh. Always tough to do, but I know I'll regret it later and just wouldn't enjoy them... but maybe I can sneak a few minutes to re-cast on tonight!

Still looking for another weekend (anyone??) - and preferably one that's not so beastly hot!
-JavaNut

Bailey says: I'll just rest here so you can recover from all that creativity.
Bailey bed

No comments: