Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Baby season has begun...

Well... the twins arrived early. I was going to give this sweet raglan sweater (and make second one!) to them, but decided that all white was too, well..., sweet. So this is going to baby girl E and I'm going to make the boys the same sweater but make the sleeves a handsome slate blue... (Cashmerino Aran).

It's the raglan sweater from Debbie Bliss' The Baby Knits Book... a relatively easy pattern, but I altered it to knit it in the round and on the pair for the boys, I'll make the body a little bit longer. The straight stockinette creates a nice rolled edge, but the body of the sweater needs to be a bit longer for better proportions.

For explanation of converting to knit in the round, my notes are on my Ravelry project page.

And now 2 women in my bible study are expecting... good think I like baby sweaters!

Happy Knitting!
JavaNut

No comments: