Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Bookworm MeMe

It's Wednesday, but since I was off from work yesterday, it FEELS like Monday so here's another Monday MeMe... for Bookworms!

This one wasn't quite as quick as some of the others, and it was a bit depressing for me - I love reading, but don't read much these days and I do miss it. By the time I'm in a spot to read, I'm generally so tired/braindead that I have no interest or ability to read anything that requires so much as a single brain cell... Nonetheless, here's my Bookworm/Bookshelf MeMe!

1. One book that made you laugh: The Best Christmas Pageant Ever - a incredibly funny story about a Christmas Pageant headed for disaster, but a very sweet perspective on the real Christmas story.

2. One book that made you cry: I Heard the Owl Call My Name... this was a high-school English class book that I loved. But I had missed the preface which indicated the protagonist was terminally ill so when he died I wasn't prepared as the author intended. Lots of books (and everything else) make me cry, but that is the most memorable.

3. One book that you loved as a child: The Bobbsey Twins! I LOVED these books. Monday nights my mom and I would ride our bikes to the library and I was allowed to check out 10 books. But only 2 of them could be Bobbsey Twins. As an adult I've now collected every one in the editions I read as a child.

4. One book you’ve read more than once: Pride & Prejudice - so many to list for this one, but my book club is reading P&P right now so it's top of mind.


5. One book you loved, but were embarrassed to admit it: Chick-Lit - can't think of a title I liked off hand though.


6. One book you hated: The Alchemist. Not a fan of this genre at all.

7. One book that scared you: Personal Finance for Dummies. Seriously - the women in my family tree have really strong longevity genes.


8. One book that bored you: Nathaniel's Nutmeg (is sounded really interesting about the development of the spice trade, but BORING. I couldn't bring myself to finish it!)

9. One book that made you happy: Lonely Planet guides because if I'm reading one, I'm going on a trip somewhere!

10. One book that made you miserable: can't think of anything... I wouldn't read/finish something that made me miserable...

11. One book that you weren’t brave enough to read: Russian Literature

12. One book character you’ve fallen in love with: Mr. Darcy (see above)

13. The last book you read: Pride & Prejudice (see above)

14. The next book you hope to read: Fear No Evil has been on my bookshelf for a long time... biography of an imprisoned Russian Jew, Natan Sharansky. But frankly I'm more likely to be delving into the backlogged stack of knitting/sewing/crafting magazines for my bedtime perusing.

This was fun! What's on your bookshelf?

Happy Reading!
- JavaNut


Bailey says: I'm not sure I'll like Jane Austen as much as you do, but I'll give her a chance...
PridePrej

No comments: