Monday, August 4, 2008

Survived the 70th...

Mom had a great day to celebrate her 70th... her mother and sister joined us for the weekend - and although we did the requisite plethora of posed family portraits, this is my favorite! I love the expression of 'what? I'm 70??' on her face!
Lots of dining out and presents... and now back to the mundane reality. I'm staying here until Wednesday, but will be spending a fair amount of time 'at work.' But, it's nice to have the extended visit and work thru the ever-growing "list."
Meanwhile, Bailey is still enjoying camp with L & B:
HI MOM!
Sorry I haven't written in a few days. Time goes by so fast at camp. Where should I begin? On Friday eve we went to visit the T&O. It was cool to get to go someplace different with L and B. B drove and I rode in L's lap. At first they thought I would like to lie down on the back seat but they were wrong. L even thought that maybe I would be comfortable lying at her feet in the front seat but - WRONG AGAIN!
Once we got there it was okay, not very exciting, except for the napkin that L dropped under the table. Do you know how many little strips of wet goop you can make from one napkin? You should try it sometime. After dinner they sat around talking but when they finished it was time to watch a movie and play with Squeek. They really liked the movie and I really liked Squeek but they really didn't like Squeek. So then L played a new game with Squeek and me. I'm not sure who won but I had a blast playing. I really couldn't read L as to whether or not she was playing. Here's what we did. First, L put Squeek up on the table so I wouldn't make so much noise (the game hasn't started yet) but I just raced and raced and raced around that little house. So B thought giving me back Squeek was a better idea but obviously he didn't think right because L took Squeek away from me again. Here's where the game began (I think). L took Squeek and tucked him behind her back on the couch. I pounced on her and tried to wriggle my way to Squeek. I tried several different forms of attack. I tried sitting very still and then using the element of surprise and pouncing up in the air, I landed with my nose between her arm and the couch. Then I tried jumping off the couch and jumping back on again then doing a flying leap into her lap. I did this several times in a row. I was amazing even myself! Sometimes L was able to counterattack when I was in the air! Then I did my sneakiest move ever! I got off the couch and very nonchalantly walked around the coffee table so I was facing L. I just sat there letting her think I was dreaming about something else - and then - I didn't even know I had this ability - I sprung up in the air and belly flopped onto her chest with my face 1 inch away from hers. I think I"ll call it my Garfield move. Well, I lost the game completely but I had a good time. Then we went home and went to bed.
On Saturday we went out for another walk around the park. Man, there are a lot of dogs around here. There was one really cool one I wanted to say hello to but he was rather stuck up so we just moved along. Then there was this giant dog, at least L said he was a dog, and you would have thought I was the scariest thing he had ever seen. We did a few social sniffs but that was all.
The coolest thing I have to tell you is about another new thing I have learned. You remember I told you about the wall in the backyard? Well, there is an even higher wall on the long part of the backyard. You may not have seen it because it is hiding behind some green stuff and there are those prickly flowers in front of it. It is a really high wall! You must also remember how I told you L is not going to win any records playing frisbee? She kept throwing the frisbee into the green stuff behind the big wall. I don't think she was doing this on purpose given the tone of her voice when she was talking to herself but it kept happening and she kept having to come and get it down. Then one time, I guess I just lost my head and couldn't wait for her to get my frisbee and I went flying in the air, up over the wall, and landed in that soft green stuff. It took me a little bit to find the frisbee but L was so glad that I could get it myself. She kept telling me how good of a dog I was. It was really cool because it felt like I was flying!
I'm also getting really good at sitting at the corner without even being told - mostly - when we go for walks.
We had two little girls spend the night last night and they were okay but they did take time away from my time with L and B. But Mom, I behaved myself. Okay, I was a little annoying and squirrelly about it but I kept my paws to myself and played nicely. Okay, Okay, Okay, to tell the truth, I ate the feet off of a little hard bear!!! Well, he deserved it! He shouldn't have been lying on the floor all by himself. I tried to tell him to go home, his mother was probably looking for him but he just kept putting his feet in my mouth and I could hardly talk! sorry

Now it is Sunday afternoon. L took a nap because one of those little girls woke up every 1 1/2 - 2 hours. I guess she just wanted to talk a little but it woke L up and she had to go and check on her. I stayed with B but I was so concerned about L. I could hardly sit still. Finally it was time for B to get her up and he let me wake her up! Bomber Bailey to the rescue! B told L it was the first time I had been still since she went to take a nap. Now I am going to take a rest when I finish at the computer.
It has been a long 4 days without you but they have been good ones. I miss you horribly Momma. Camp is okay but I don't know how dogs can go to camp for even longer periods of time. Don't their Momma's want to take them with them? I am so glad that I have you for my Momma. When you come home I will show you all the cool stuff I can do. You will think I am amaaaaaaaaaaazing. L and B say hi. I'm glad grandmother liked her present. If they ever need to be cleaned tell her I would be glad to lick them clean.
Bye for now,
Your Bailey

No comments: