Friday, December 28, 2007

Another Melly Bag

I made another version of Sharon's Melly bag but experimented with contrasting colors... I love the way it turned out! L was enthralled with my felted bags when she was visiting so I decided to make one for her - unfortunately not done while she was here so it's en route to Romania now. I know she'll love it - in all her USA shopping, she bought mostly brown and green.

This one was made with Paton's Classic Wool Merino (doubled) so it smaller than the 'original' but it's still a good size. The Paton's felted really well (one cycle thru the wash) except the cream didn't felt as much as the other colors. I've heard that sometimes white doesn't felt in some yarns - anyone know why??



Christmas knitting is almost done (I'm a bit slow on posting!)...

A goal for 2008 is for better and more frequent blogging... working on some ideas for that now.

Happy Knitting!
JavaNut

No comments: