Monday, December 17, 2007

Lovin' the Bags!!!

Here's a collection of a few recent bags... I've really enjoyed felting bags, but how many can one make?? We'll see... I've just cast on another one!

The top bag is the Ali Bag from She Knits - a great pattern and design by Sharon Dreifuss. I love the color combination and never would have thought to braid and felt the I-cords for the 'belt.'

The small purple bag is the Melly bag, also from She Knits and was a gift for a Christmas swap. I deviated from the pattern by making the cable design purple and really like the way it turned out. I think this is my favorite of Sharon's designs. I can't remember the yarn - I think it was Paton's Classic Wool which was a much lighter weight than the actual pattern (used Lamb's Pride Burly Spun) so I kept the stitch pattern the same and had a small, cute bag from it.

The black, gray, red & white was a birthday gift for E. I hope she liked it!! The bands at the top and the shoulder strap style were copied from the Ali bag... the rest I just made up as I went. It was made from Knit Picks' Wool-of-the-Andes.


I suspect there are many more bags in the future... who would have thought that "ruining" good knitting could be so much fun!!

In the meantime, a few non-felted Christmas gifts to finish...

Happy Knitting!
- JavaNut

1 comment:

about said...

Looks like you've really been busy catching up on your knitting. The gloves will be perfect for the office and I'm sure your co-workers will be excited to wear them. Your visitors should love the scarf, it looks so soft and I think anyone would be proud to wear it draped over their head; and of course, being a bag person, I love all the bags.