Wednesday, October 24, 2007

One bag, two bags...

Well - it's one of two bags! I've been working on two WONDERFUL bags from She-Knits but the second one will have to be for another posting. There's some finishing to be done and then the magical felting...

I was able to complete the Melly Bag before I left town for a work conference and I absolutely love it. I'm as happy with it as I was when Sharon first published the pattern in her Etsy shop. And it's an addictively quick-knit - made primarily with Brown Sheep's Burly Spun on size 13 & 15 needles. Addictively quick!! The yarn seemed a bit pricey, but it's worth it for the bulk and such a comfortable yarn to use.

Here's the finished bag (there's also an interior pocket).









It's slightly over-felted (I got distracted when I put it in for the second cycle) & the pocket got slightly 'wonky' during felting so it's not exactly straight anymore (I was able to stretch it back 'mostly' to proper shape).

I was disappointed that I didn't get them both done, but now I have something to look forward to when I get home.

Happy Knitting!


- JavaNut

1 comment:

about said...

Love your bags The chocolate is really gorgeous.