Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Too Late for the Party...

I missed the party... again!

I want to join a KAL, and have been watching for one that either inspired me to try something new, or would fit something from my 'future project' wishlist. After listening to a couple of the She-Knits podcasts about the purse/bag KAL/CAL I decided that might be a good one to join - I've thought about felting a bag so this would be my catalyst to get started. Then I heard about Mystery Stole 3 and was so excited... but missed the deadline. So I went to sign up for the KAL/CAL and that had closed. sigh.

So... I will continue to search and wait for the 'just right' KAL to join - but in the meantime, I bought 4 colors of Cascade 220 to create a bag anyway. And although I didn't actually finish my Lace Rib socks (just one toe left to do!), I still cast on the Icarus Shawl in a pale, multi-colored yarn. I don't have a pic of that yet (only 8 rows), but I also couldn't resist this incredibly soft merino lace yarn from Aurora Yarns... SOOO soft and gorgeous colorway from pale lilac to deep violet.

Happy Knitting!
-JavaNut

No comments: