Friday, July 20, 2007

Baggin' It!

I'm obsessed. Once I decided to join the Purse/Bag KALCAL and didn't, I've been determined to make a bag.

I bought yarn, but didn't know what kind of bag.

I found the French Market Bag on knitty that I love, but the yarn I bought wasn't the right gauge/weight. And since I've only felted one Booga Bag before, I didn't want to just wing it.

I ordered the Landscape bag pattern and yarn from KnitPicks. I'm impatiently waiting for it to show up.

I'm too impatient - so I'm back to winging it with my original yarn purchase. No pattern in mind, but I do plan to mimic the handles of the French Market Bag... So bag in progress, and a gratuitious photo of the Ladder Shawl I made for my grandmother. Not the best photo, but I love the way the colors and textures worked together (it doesn't have the gray-ish cast of the photo - much more lavender tones with pinks and dusty blues).





I hope I'll have the experiment bag by the time my KnitPicks' order shows up. And then to experiment for a laptop case... and then...

Happy Knitting!
- JavaNut

No comments: