Monday, July 2, 2007

Joining the SOCK craze...

As with blogging, I'm late to the party for sock knitting... In the past I always thought it was a lot of effort for a garment that wasn't very visible and presumably would get above average 'wear-n-tear.'

This is true.... however, after listening to podcasters, reading blogposts and viewing incredibly enticing pictures, I decided to give it a try. I have a hard time with moderation in many things, so why would sock-knitting be any different? Having completed my first pair, I now have 4 different pairs on the needles and one pair waiting for kitchener toes.

Left: Lace Rib Socks from Sensational Knitted Socks, knit with yummy Romantic colorway dyed by Handspun and Dyed Too. It looks perfect against my Double Delights!



Right: Jaywalkers in Lisa Souza's Mars Quake. I was originally expecting more purply colors, but I love this colorway - looks great with the new growth on one of my rose bushes (a promise of beauty ahead!).

And one last pic because the Eye-of-Partridge heel on the Lace Rib sock is my favorite of all so far:

No comments: