Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The Bees are waiting... and waiting

... and waiting.

I couldn't resist the Bee Fields shawl. Even though I already started another large, lace, triangle shawl (Lily of the Valley) a long time ago, I had to get the Bees. I've only knit one border edge and it's been languishing in one of my knitting bags waiting for me to find someone to check my chart-to-text translation. I know many people prefer reading charts, but I hate them (it's nice to have the visual for the pattern tho'). I find I have to constantly count the squares for stitches and that drives me crazy...

And since I was in such great company, it took several weeks to get my order with Anne's pattern and the Willy Wonka fibers... and what a pattern!! I've never seen such details!

And then I joined the Bee Fields KAL and have seen all the wonderful posts and photos of cast ons, WIPs and so many finished shawls! BUT... I must finish the Siren's Shawl first for a gift (timely). Unfortunately my knitting pace has caused some wrist pain and I've got to take a break. Ever since a long bout with tendonitis, I have to be careful with how much time I spend with the needles (and the keyboard!) and it's caught up with me.

So tonight, I had to satisfy myself with winding my Bee Fields yarn... Isn't it pretty??? And the progress of Siren's Shawl. I don't know if the 3 balls will be enough (the right yardage, but different weight). I'll block it and if it's not long enough, I'll start the extra ball I found (just in case!).

I think it's going to be even nicer once it's blocked! The Cashsoft had knit up so soft and goopy... I hope the recipient enjoys it as much as I do (I think she will!).

Happy Knitting!
- JavaNut

No comments: