Thursday, November 6, 2008

Change is hard...

and no, I'm not talking about the election, although I do think Obama has an incredibly hard job ahead. Anyone would considering the national and international challenges these days, and on top of that a public mania that is on a high and will be expecting great things - FAST.

It's been 5 days since we changed our clocks.

At which point, I very happily planned to enjoy my extra hour of sleep. The pup hasn't quite adjusted and still thinks we should be getting up WAY TOO EARLY. Not only that, but he's started to check to see if we should be getting up at about 1:30/2am as well. At that hour, a verbal reminder that it's still 'sleep time' is sufficient for him to go back to sleep, but by 5am (today it was even earlier - 4:30am), he starts to get pretty insistent that it's time to play, eat, pee or at least snuggle in the big chair.

But even with my incessant yawning, I'm long overdue for a Thankful Thursday post! So one day away from a weekend (which is always something to be thankful for), I'm thankful

- that I was able to fill my gas tank for $40
- for a co-worker that recognized my coffee mug that I left in a conference room
- for the 25% discount coupon from the huge used bookstore
- for the many decisions I have to make because it means I have choices
- for the stash of yarn and fabric that provide LOTS of creative projects when I don't want to spend money on new ones

Happy Almost-Friday!
- JavaNut

Bailey says: Momma, isn't this more fun than sleeping?
6Nov2008

No comments: