Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Be Thankful...


After the historic US Presidential election last week and the tensions of the continued war efforts in the Middle East... today is a day to be thankful for those that have served our country.

This year we switch from observing the holiday on a convenient Monday, to the actual date, regardless of the day of the week. From the VA website: The restoration of the observance of Veterans Day to November 11 not only preserves the historical significance of the date, but helps focus attention on the important purpose of Veterans Day: A celebration to honor America's veterans for their patriotism, love of country, and willingness to serve and sacrifice for the common good.

On a lighter note, today is also Ten on Tuesday (I haven't done a Monday MeMe in a while so this is a good substitute). I didn't like today's topic, so let's go back a week (my blog, my rules)...

Last week's topic is "Ten things I like to talk about"---

1. Knitting!
2. Other crafy things (collage, altered art, sewing...)
3. Living a life of faith
4. Christmas festivities (events, decor, gifts - all of it!)
5. Traveling (including everyone's favorite horror stories)
6. Savings/cost-cutting (I tend to talk about this better than I actually DO this!)
7. Recipes (again, I talk more than do...)
8. Home decorating
9. Balancing work/life
10. my pup, Bailey

And lest we forget this is a knitting blog, my lasted completion:
Louisa Harding's Piper Purse... my friend E gave me the pattern book for my birthday and immediately pointed this out to me. So... easy to guess who is getting this for Christmas!
PiperPurse4
Main mods: changed handles to longer i-cord strap (d0ubled) and added a lining w/ 3 pockets on one side.
And meanwhile... YogaPuppy!
yoga_puppy
Thank a Vet -
JavaNut

No comments: