Tuesday, March 9, 2010

2010 Goals...

Well, progress with my 2010 goals leave a bit to be desired... sigh. Starting with not even setting them! Somehow, that just makes me laugh, which I suppose is the best response, really.

So today I'll start with knitting goals. Although sadly, the knitting is on hold because of tendonitis. After 18 months of not knitting when I had tendonitis 5 years ago, I'm taking this seriously and have been wearing a brace for the past 2.5 weeks. This time it's my left thumb/wrist, but still incredibly inconvenient.

But optimistically, let's talk knitting!

Although not my entire 'to-do' list of knitting projects, the 3 knitting goals for the year are:

Goal #1 - Ten Shawls for 2010
This is a Ravelry group to start/complete, well, 10 shawls. Different meterage requirements and prizes each month for the FOs. I've got 3 completed...

Upstairs. A boring name, but made with Malabrigo Lace which is an absolute favorite!!
Upstairs wrap

Multnomah
I made most of this during the women's retreat last month and gave it to my friend L who joined me there as a memory/prayer shawl. This was made with yarn from 3 Irish Girls Adorn sock yarn.
Multnomah blocked

And this doesn't count toward the challenge since it's a scarf, but it was still a lace 2010 project and I loved the knit stitch.

Honeycomb Scarf

I've made a third for the challenge, but haven't taken any pics yet...

Goal #2 - Sweaters!
Not sure how many I'll get thru, but I want to knit sweaters. I made 3 last year... I still need to tack the collar down on one of them. I loved knitting it because it was an unusual construction - knit on the bias, but not sure how much I'll wear it other than cool mornings when I take Bailey out for a walk. The second one - love the sweater, but not on me. The third one, I wear all the time.

So for 2010, I'm hoping to get some of these done. Patterns are queued and yarn is waiting (Ravelry links):
Fence Vest (two of these in the queue...)
Pembroke Vest (obviously not for me)

Goal #3 - Alan Dart
I recently discovered Alan Dart patterns and although I've always avoided knitting toys, his are amazing. I want to knit his Christmas Wishes Nativity set and I also have the patterns for Circus Mice and Harvest Mice.

So hopefully the tendonitis won't keep me from then needles for long and I'll get to some of these projects soon.

Bailey says:
I've found a new favorite place while Momma works (smart puppy!)
IMG_1272

No comments: