And because it's Almost-Christmas! YIKES!!
With all the house selling/searching/packing going on, Christmas has been a bit over-looked the past few weeks. Which is unfortunate considering how much I LOVE Christmas... Maybe Santa will bring me a new house????
So to provide a little holiday cheer... a fun MeMe (and I'm embarrassed that I forgot to link the source-blog for it). Perhaps there will be coal in my stocking with that new house.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper. I love wrapping presents. Seriously...and I have enough paper/ribbon to last a decade.
2. Real tree or Artificial? I haven't had a tree in several years since I travel to Florida. I'm tempted with getting an artificial tree, but it's not 'green' (ironic, isn't it!). Growing up we always had a flocked tree, but that tradition didn't continue with me.
3. When do you put up the tree? If I have one, usually the first weekend in Dec.
4. When do you take the tree down? Just after New Year's.
5. Do you like eggnog? Ick!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? So many, but I remember coming down one morning and finding an art easel all set up... and going roller-skating down the street in my bathrobe on a rare Christmas morning without snow.
7. Hardest person to buy for? My step-dad and grandmother
8. Easiest person to buy for? My goddaughters
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Several... But my 'nice' scene is still at my parents until I have a proper place for it. Growing up we would unpack it, but would never 'arrange' the figurines until my grandfather was there to do it with me.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Both
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A jingle-bell necklace shaped like a turnip was definitely one of the funniest
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? How the Grinch Stole Christmas TV special (NOT the movie)
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I'm a 'gift' shopper all the time so some years it's early, but this year... well, my list is still mostly undone.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Probably, but can't remember.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Christmas Cookies, and Gingerbread biscotti
16. Lights on the tree? Lots of little, white lights.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Impossible to pick... O Come, O Come Emmanuel, O Holy Night
Travel at Christmas or stay home? Travel to family's
18. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yup.
19. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Eve
20. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Traffic and shopping lines. And trying to make Christmas policially correct (I stole this answer).
21. Favorite ornament theme or color? simple - gold, crystal, ivory.
22. What do you want for Christmas this year? A new house!
23. Angel or star on top tree? My tree has an angel, my family's tree has ugly glass bobbly thing.
24. Favorite meal: appetizers all evening on Christmas eve, followed by a bowl of homemade beef vegetable soup after we open presents.
Bailey's says: Momma, why are there so many boxes around? (cute pic trapped in camera until I find my cable)