Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Thrifting...

In my search for some 'bargains' for some new spaces, I've been hitting thrift stores and garage sales. The perfect piece of furniture has eluded me so far, but I have collected another 6 pair of jeans at about $1.50 each. My stash is about 17 pairs now... more than enough for the lap-quilts I have in mind. I may not have furniture yet, but I'm on my way with accessories!

I pulled out the ones I'd collected before - and all have been washed, bleached (color-safe!), dried and are ready for cutting up. Not sure when I'll actually get around to them, but they're ready!

Jeans for quilting

2 comments:

Brenda M. said...

Are you using a particular design or pattern for your quilts?

Love the new look of your blog!

JavaNut said...

Thanks!
I was just going to use 6 or 8" squares and get creative with how the seams hit the squares... maybe do one with out seams (the jeans' seams that is). and either stitch-in-the-ditch, or just tie with a color complimentary to whatever I use for backing. I have some striped sheets that look like ticking material (or whatever that's called) that I might use...