Friday, October 10, 2008

What a Week!

After business in London I spent a few days in FL... was a good visit and amazingly (sadly) knit-free. Other than the necessary frogging of the ugly orange scarf!!

Bailey was very happy to come home from L&B's (but he did have fun at camp!). And I had to laugh when I looked at my sneakers. These were washed at the same time... I call the right one evidence of 'Frisbee-Foot' because it's evidence of his point of leverage for the requisite tug-o-war after each throw! It matches the frequent muddy prints on my right shin when the grass is still wet!

But then came home to celebrate a big birthday on Wed... starting with a lovely breakfast before going to the spa with 3 friends... what a wonderful day!! Jacuzzi, steam room, sauna and extra long massages for all of us, followed by lunch at my favorite sushi bar!

My mom had sent these gorgeous roses!
40_roses
and my goddaughters made me this wonderful card (I can just imagine how long they spent picking out the stickers to decorate it!). I love the mini-sweater and the dog treats... they know me well!!
40_card

They afternoon was spent at the LYS that offers a discount chip for your birthday-purchase! I was able to get 20% off on the Silky Wool to make an Aleita shell for my mom's Christmas present. Living in FL, it's tough to find a good knit for her... but she picked this out so I'll be casting on soon!

In the meantime, I did cast on another Clapotis... this one is in a worsted weight so it's knitting up so much bigger than the lace and sock-weight versions... It's with Boku and I love the way the striping varies ...
BokuClapotisIP

And now off to book club... with my Clapotis! ; )

Happy Friday..... -JavaNut

Bailey says: I'm glad to be home, Momma... I missed my toys.
rope

1 comment:

Joni said...

Happy Birthday Debra! Your flowers and puppy are both magnificent! Joni